Custom Shop Buyer Assistance
Greetings rock n rollers! This page was created to help the process of configuring, customizing, pricing and ultimately determining if a custom pedalboard is right for you. This guide will outline several key aspects of what a custom pedalboard system is, there will be questions, that only you can answer, so that needs to be addressed before we can properly assist you. There will also be questions that require our assistance, and I’m glad to help with that! I built this website initially and primarily as an informational site, lots of content, both written and visual, in hopes to alleviate answering the same questions. This is also to help the buyer understand that as a true custom shop, there are many, many options available. The simple fact is, we are reaching a point that I simply cannot address the same questions on a daily basis; specially because we have 90% of the information you need, on our site. Almost everything we offer as an option, is listed here with text and pictures, so please spend some time doing some research.
Whatever your budget is, please do some price checking on our storefront to make sure we fit it. Keep in mind, the custom builds can cost more, depending on options. Keep a log of questions, so they all get answered at once! A phone conversation is best if you find that there are more then a few questions that you need answered.
2. Do you know what size you need? I spend the most time helping clients determine this. The best way to determine sizing is to lay your pedals out in the order that you want them (leaving room for patch cable and power cables etc) then simply take a measurement of “usable space”. Do you want extra room for expansion? Are you still collecting pedals and don’t have everything in hand that will be on the board? Find the dimensions from the manufacturer website and make a simple paper cutout as a place holder.
We will do a mechanical layout for you for a 75$ charge; a credit towards your purchase, or kept in the event you choose to go another route. This is a 2D layout of the pedals that accounts for patch and power cable runs; power supply options are also provided!
3. Do you know what style pedalboard you want? We now have a variety of materials, shapes, sizes and styles. Jacks, power inlets, and other customizations; we have an entire section dedicated to this; please familiarize yourself with these; again, we have TONS of pictures of examples and text to support almost everything we do. ———->
4. Do you need a power supply? Already have one, and want to use that? Do you know what you need? We can help here too, but please know as much as you can before asking for assistance. This area can be fairly confusing, but it can be made really easy with just a little bit of knowledge and research, we have a ton of experience implementing proper power supply systems, so if you get stuck here, don’t fret!
5. Do you need a case? If not, cool! If you do, sweet! We have a few different styles that accommodate every type of player. If you have a case already, we can build the new board to fit inside. Accurate dimensions will be required from you.
6. Who’s installing the pedals? Do you have patch cables already?
If you plan to have us wire the board, heres the general process:
If you are going to wire it, know that every board comes supplied with an accessory kit with supplies to help you achieve a pro level installation. Sometimes additional parts are necessary, and we can help you figure that out. Some of our customers buy additional cabling parts to do their own soldering of cables. We can customize a custom DIY cable kit for the job.
These builds can be highly detailed & time consuming. To respect that, we ask that you be 100% financially ready to commit before going through the customization process with us. When we finalize the build specs with you, 100% of the payment is due before your build is officially entered into the build stage; no exceptions. Once the configuration is finalized, the price quote is 100% accurate; that means there will be no additional charges down the line, unless you make a change-order part way through. All quotes are good for 14 days, we rarely raise prices, but due to unexpected happenings, I have to mention this. If you are simply trying to price check, we have builder tools that show pricing for almost everything we offer. The builder tools are quite detailed, and they work best on a tablet of home computer. Plan to give yourself some time if you decide you want to go through the builder forms, specially if you aren’t already familiar with our options and what they are. If you have questions about the builder tools, feel free to call in for assistance.